- 11/1 - The Calgary Stampeders (CFL) transferred defensive end Mike Labinjo to the reserve list. Labinjo was a linebacker for the Dolphins in 2005 and 2006, but did not appear in a game.
- 11/2 — Wide receiver Chris Chambers was waived by the San Diego Chargers, and claimed off waivers by the Kansas City Chiefs the following day. The Dolphins' second-round pick in 2001, Chambers spent just over six seasons with the Dolphins and was selected to one Pro Bowl before being traded to the Chargers in October 2007 for a second-round pick (eventually used on quarterback Chad Henne). Chambers left the Dolphins ranking fifth in franchise history in receptions (405), fourth in yards (5,688), and fourth in touchdowns (43).
- 11/2 — The New York Sentinels (UFL) signed defensive tackle Louis Ellis. Ellis attended 2009 training camp with the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent, but did not make the team.
- 11/3 — The Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed placekicker Connor Barth. The Dolphins signed Barth during the 2009 preseason to compete with incumbent Dan Carpenter, but he failed to make the team.
- 11/3 — The Edmonton Eskimos (CFL) transferred wide receiver Kelly Campbell to the suspended list. Campbell was an offseason member of the Dolphins in 2006 and 2007, but did not appear in a game.
- 11/4 — The Kansas City Chiefs signed cornerback Travis Daniels. The Dolphins' fourth-round pick in 2005, Daniels recorded 125 tackles and three interceptions in three seasons in Miami before being traded to the Cleveland Browns for a 2009 seventh-round pick in August 2008 (eventually used to select linebacker J. D. Folsom).
- 11/4 — The San Francisco 49ers signed offensive tackle Kirk Barton to the practice squad. Barton had two stints with the Dolphins as a rookie in 2008—one on the active roster and one on the practice squad—but did not play in a game.
- 11/6 — The New York Sentinels (UFL) placed defensive tackle Louis Ellis on injured reserve.
- 11/7 — The Detroit Lions promoted defensive tackle Joe Cohen from their practice squad to their active roster. Cohen spent part of the 2008 season on the Dolphins' practice squad and attended training camp with the team in 2009.
- 11/9 — The Cleveland Browns signed wide receiver Chris Williams to their practice squad. Williams signed with the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2009, but was waived with an injury settlement on Aug. 25 after breaking his wrist during the preseason.
- 11/10 — The Carolina Panthers promoted linebacker Kelvin Smith from their practice squad to their active roster. The Dolphins' seventh-round pick in 2007, Smith played in four games with the Dolphins as a rookie before spending all of the 2008 season on injured reserve with a torn ACL.
- 11/10 — The Detroit Lions signed linebacker Danny Lansanah to their practice squad. Lansanah spent most of September on the Dolphins' practice squad.
- 11/16 — The Florida Tuskers (UFL) signed wide receiver Bobby Sippio to their active roster. Sippio spent part of the 2004 season with the Dolphins on injured reserve, but never played in a game with the team.
- 11/17 — The Cincinnati Bengals signed safety Brannon Condren to their practice squad. Condren spent nearly a month with the Dolphins between October and November 2008, appearing in four games and recording three special teams tackles before his release.
- 11/17 — The Cleveland Browns released wide receiver Chris Williams from their practice squad.
- 11/18 — The Cleveland Browns signed wide receiver James Robinson to their practice squad. Robinson spent part of the 2009 preseason with the Dolphins and was on the team's practice squad until his release on Nov. 4.
- 11/19 — The Buffalo Bills placed quarterback Gibran Hamdan on waivers. Hamdan spent the 2007 offseason with the Dolphins before being waived during final cuts.
- 11/19 — The Hamilton Tiger-Cats signed offensive lineman Matt Spanos to their offseason roster. Spanos spent 2008 training camp with the Dolphins after signing as an undrafted free agent from USC.
- 11/24 — The Philadelphia Eagles signed cornerback Geoffrey Pope to their active roster off the Cincinnati Bengals' practice squad. Pope was signed by the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent in 2007, but was waived during final cuts.
- 11/25 — The Buffalo Bills placed offensive lineman Seth McKinney on injured reserve with a knee injury. A third-round pick by the Dolphins in 2002, McKinney started 34 of 61 games played with the team through the 2006 season.
- 11/25 — The Cleveland Browns claimed linebacker Matt Roth off waivers from the Dolphins. The Dolphins' second-round pick in 2005, Roth recorded 157 tackles and 12.5 sacks in 61 games with the team.
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Miami Dolphins Alumni Update (November 2009)
I hope you enjoyed last month's initial edition of the Dolphins alumni update feature, and I'm back again with all of pro football's November transactions involving former Miami Dolphins.