We've known the Miami Dolphins' full slate of 2012 opponents since the end of the regular season, but the NFL finally revealed the full schedule on Tuesday.
Week 1 (9/9) — at Houston (1pm)
Week 2 (9/16) — vs Raiders (4:15pm)
Week 4 (9/30) — at Arizona (4:05pm)
Week 5 (10/7) — at Cincinnati (1pm)
Week 6 (10/14) — vs Rams (1pm)
Week 7 (10/21) — BYE WEEK
Week 8 (10/28) — at NY Jets (1pm)
Week 9 (11/4) — at Indianapolis (1pm)
Week 10 (11/11) — vs Titans (1pm)
#Week 11 (Thursday, 11/15) — at Buffalo (8:20pm)
#Week 12 (11/25) — vs Seahawks (1pm)
#Week 13 (12/2) — vs Patriots (1pm)
#Week 14 (12/9) — at San Francisco (4:05pm)
#Week 15 (12/16) — vs Jaguars (1pm)
#Week 16 (12/23) — vs Bills (1pm)
#Week 17 (12/30) — at New England (1pm)
*all times eastern
#Games have the opportunity to be flexed to NBC's Sunday Night Football
A few observations from this schedule:
- Seven of the Dolphins' eight home games start at 1:00 pm ET, with the lone exception being the home opener in Week 2 against the Raiders.
- Four of the last six games are at home, and one of those road games is at San Francisco. That means the lone "cold weather" game for the Dolphins during the final six weeks of the season is the finale at New England.
- Defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle will face his old team, the Bengals, in Week 5. Coyle spent more than a decade in Cincinnati, including the past nine seasons as defensive backs coach.
- The Dolphins will face defensive tackle Kendall Langford, who signed with the St. Louis Rams as a free agent, in Week 6.
- The Dolphins may very well be facing likely No. 1 overall pick, quarterback Andrew Luck, when they fact the Colts in Indianapolis in Week 9.
- The team's lone prime time game in 2012 is a Nov. 15 Thursday night game at Buffalo in NFL Network. The Dolphins have no Sunday Night or Monday Night games in 2012, and this is the first time the Dolphins haven't been on Monday Night Football since 2008.
- Unlike last season, the Dolphins don't end the season with three straight divisional games. They do face Buffalo and New England in Weeks 16-17, but they'll host the Jaguars in Week 15 as their two games against the Jets will be complete in Weeks 3 and 8.
- The Dolphins face only two 2011 playoff teams (Houston Week 1 and Cincinnati Week 5) in the 12 weeks of the season and have only five games total against 2011 playoff teams.
Discuss this article on the comments below or on the forum here!